High Viscosity HPMC hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose Thickener For putty powder:
1. Appearance: HPMC is a non-ionic cellulose ether, white grayish-white powder or granule,odorless and flavorless, soluble in cold water, glacial acetic acid, ethanol, methanol and propylene glycol, slightly soluble in acetone depending on the degree of substitutions, practically insoluble in hot water, ethylene glycol and toluene. HPMC is dissolved in a mixture of 10% methanol and 90% methylene chloride to form colloidal solutions.
2. The solution of HPMC has surface activity, high transparency, and stable performance. When heated at certain temperature, the solution becomes cloudy or forms flocculent gel. However, the solution becomes clear again after cooling. Different types of HPMC have different gelation temperatures. The solubility varies with the viscosity. The lower the viscosity, the higher solubility it has. The different types of HPMC are different in some properties and their solubility in water is not affected by pH.
3. Particle sizes: 100 mesh.
4. Apparent density: 0.25-0.70 g/mL (usually about 0.5 g/mL),specific density 1.26-1.31mL.
5. Color change temperature:190-200°C; Carbonization temperature:280-300°C.
6. Surface tension:42-56 dyn/cm (2% aqueous solution).
7. The higher methoxy content in HPMC, the lower gelation temperature, and the higher solubility in water and surface activity.
8. HPMC has some other characteristics, for example, thickening property, pH stability, retention of water, excellent film-forming property, good disperse and adhesion ability.
● Excellent water retention
● Good construction smoothness
● Good opening hours
● Extensive adaptability to the construction environment
General coating system has three layers: wall, putty, coating layer, due to the difference of its deformation coefficient, when the environment temperature and humidity change, the deformation if the three layers is also different, which will inevitably lead to tress concentration. This need to be bored with child layer the flexibility that takes on with aid of itself eliminates should. The force concentrates the task, thus resists the base layer cracking, the coating layer peeling. In addition, putty provides a smooth or even texture for latex paint outside the base of the model, through the optimization of the formula, it can reduce the amount of latex paint, prolong the service life of latex paint and other functions.
Wall putty/Plaster application guide
● Sag-resistance: HPMC can provide a good viscosity of the wet mortar, prevent wall putty sagging.
● The good filming property on the surface of wall putty, could reduce the water absorption of base wall. Reduce the risk of cracking.
● Good water retention will make sure all the additives reach the best performance.
● Good workability to increase the efficiency.
In building materials, the addition amount of HPMC is very low, only 0.1%-1%, but it plays an irreplaceable role and can significantly improve the water retention, fluidity and lubricity of building materials. Building materials added with HPMC are easier to mix and use, improve the work efficiency of construction workers, extend the open time, improve the bonding strength, and form a smooth and delicate surface coating.
|Test Items||Test Results|
|Content of methoxyl (%)||24.0 - 33.0|
|Content of hydroxy propyl (%)||4.0 - 12.0|
|Temperature of gelation||63℃ - 75 ℃|
|PH value||5 - 8|
|Viscosity||10,000 to 200,000 it can be customized|
25 kg kraft paper compound bag, inside with PVC plastic bags.
Quantity/20GP: 12 tons with pallets, 14 tons without pallets.
Quantity/40HQ: 24 tons with pallets, 26 tons without pallets.
Storage and Delivery
Prevent rain and sunny, prevent fire and damp, airtight ventilation preservation, according to non-dangerous goods shipping.
Our technician will be online 24 hours to service for the customers, any problem of the product you can contact us directly.
Payment terms & Express shipiing for sample:
1. Who are we?
We are based in jinan, China, start from 2013, sell to South Asia(30.00%),Eastern Asia(20.00%), Southeast Asia(14.00%), North America(10.00%), Mid East(8.00%), Southern Europe(5.00%), South America(5.00%), Africa(5.00%), Eastern Europe(3.00%). There are total about 20-50 people in our office.
2. How can we guarantee quality?
Always a pre-production sample before mass production.
Always final Inspection before shipment.
3. What can you buy from us?
HPMC, RDP, HPS, PVA etc.
4. Why should you buy from us not from other suppliers?
Jinan Dongyuan Chemicals Co., Ltd. is a technical and professional company integrating science, factory and trade. With advanced automatic production lines, production equipment world-class. Annual production of more than 40,000 tons.
5. What services can we provide?
Accepted Delivery Terms: FOB, CFR, CIF, EXW, DDP, DDU, Express Delivery etc.
Accepted Payment Currency: USD, EUR, JPY, CAD, AUD, HKD, GBP, CNY, CHF.
Accepted Payment Type: T/T, L/C, D/P, Western Union, Cash.
Language Spoken: English, Chinese, Spanish, Japanese, Russian, Korean.